Monday, May 17, 2010

USA Today: Kristen Stewart, Rob Pattinson, & Taylor Lautner Interview


He waffles over the wisdom of sharing an anecdote about the scene in which the vicious horse-sized beast sweetly nuzzles Bella and she scratches his ear. After a little coaxing, he relents.
“That day I came on set and put on this tight gray spandex suit …”
“There is dialogue and I talk to him,” Stewart explains. “I said, ‘How am I going to do this without Taylor?’ ” So instead of the actress pretending that a massive computer-animated wolf was nearby, Lautner volunteered to be its stand-in.

“Basically, it looked like a Teletubby,” he continues about his outfit. “I had this circle on the face but everything else was covered. It was weird. But, yeah, I stood there and would literally bend over …”

“I would actually pet his head,” Stewart adds.
Pattinson, meanwhile, struggled with Edward’s rather formal proposal to Bella, which reflects the fact that although his vintage vampire looks 17, he hails from the turn of the last century.

“I was dreading the day it was coming,” he says of the scene that was held until the very end of the shoot. “The first time I read the script, I thought, ‘This is impossible.’ ” References to “promenades” and sharing “iced tea on the porch” as Edward explains how he would have courted Bella in the old days especially stuck in his throat. “It’s so earnest. I finally convinced the producers that you can play it with a bit of awareness of not being a fictional character. I’m not trying to be part of a Gothic novel.”

When Pattinson finally watched it, however, he was pleasantly surprised. “It seems different when you see it.”
Read full article @ USA Today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment